Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Great Trip! Great People! Great Boat!

Sail Date: January 24, 2009

We had a wonderful experience. All of your employees were very friendly, from the room staff to the food service areas, as well as the entertainers, the cruise director and his staff. The quality and variety of food in the "free" restaurants was so good, we didn't have any desire to go to the others, even though we had planned to and heard all good comments from other guest that tried them. I was amazed at the cleanliness of the ship that had so many people on board. It reminded me of how Disney Land keeps their parks so spotless. Late at night I saw people on their hands and knees cleaning off the bottoms of the chairs and the bases of the tables!
The entertainment was excellent! The juggling act of Romano and the Sean the Magician were particularly entertaining. Our ports of call were all enjoyable; I love Puerto Vallarta and the "Old Town" section the best. This was a great getaway, I travel often and I would recommend this to anyone. We met several couples with children, I thought they would get board, but their parent said they were having a ball with all their new friends and didn't even want to eat with them. (That made the parents happy!) This was the same for the young kids as well as the teens. The only change I would make would be to get rid of those 2 slides by the pool, not that many kids even used them and they take up a lot of room, plus they have the slide in the back. A bigger pool would be nice, even if it was a very shallow 3 foot one with a sitting bench all around. It may also allow for more deck chair space that was in short supply. We ended up sitting by the shuffle board a few days because of the crowds by the pool. Thanks for the good memories!

Pros: Everything, I wasn't feeling well when I left, but could not help enjoying myself anyway.

Cons: My only complaint was that I wish the 2 main sit-down restaurants stayed open later for breakfast. We were up late most nights and found it difficult to get up early enough for a nice breakfast. The buffet was a good alternative, but I liked the made to order breakfast better.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!