Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Nice ship!

Sail Date: September 08, 2007

Cleanliness and housekeeping were great! White color of ship is clean and elegant, but stars and other pictures around ship are a bit tacky. Elevators, as stated above, were quite inadequate. Ship was fairly well laid out, but sometimes you had to retrace steps and go around because of "crew only" areas.

Pros: White, clean, very well maintained ship. Cleanliness and housekeeping were immaculate!

Cons: Elevators! Too few; too long of waits; very inadequate! I mostly ran up and down stairs, because it was much faster. In another 50 years, I probably won't be able to do that.....

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

Juneau, Alaska
The Mt. Roberts Tram was very good, because of unusually good weather.
Juneau, Alaska
The Mt. Roberts Tram was very good, because of unusually good weather.
Ketchikan, Alaska
We took a "Dolly's Trolley" tour after we landed. It was fine and the shops and amenities were fine.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
There was really not much to see here, other than a clean regular town. By myself, I would have liked it, but our party wanted more of the cruise line-owned shops like in most of the other ports.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
The White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad was a good and informative trip, but too expensive. We should have waited and boarded when we arrived instead of booking ahead.
Skagway, Alaska