Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Lovely ship!

Sail Date: January 31, 2009

Design and ship layout good! NIce staterooms/baths. The food was not impressive in the dining rooms, buffet and specialty restaurants. ( Husband liked Cagneys) This was our first cruise (and probably last) on NCI. Freestyle did not work that well for me. The entertainment was just OK.

Many of the public areas needed repair or cleaning. None of the latches worked in the women's restroom by the Grill eating area. Much of the time the toilet paper was out. It just did not seem like the ship was getting the TLC it needs. Showroom front row had at least 4 broken seats. Staff were all great. Everyone of them greeted the guests.

Pros: Loved the stateroom, large and comfy

Cons: The food was mediocre

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

With the exception of "Cagney's" speciality restaurant with a $20.00 cover ($30 depending on what you ate) food did not compare with other cruise lines such as Carnival, Celebrity etc. We were VERY disappointed in the buffet...same stuff every day. Nothing exceptional to try out with this cruise. I eat better at home. Preparation was not that good, even desserts were blaah. Staff were kind, caring especially when there were concerns about gastro problems going around on the ship. Sanitizers were appreciated and the diligence of staff to remind everyone to use them before eating.
See above regarding areas needing attention on the ship.
Some acts were good, some just OK. The Other City....not so good. Magician good, liked the variety of entertainment offered. Something for everyone. Loved the Andrew Lloyd Webber tribute. Some great voices on board.
Loved it! And all we had was the basic stateroom, but it was spacious, comfortable and attractive.
The staff were attentive, friendly and kind. Could not have asked for more.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
What I expected for Mexico I guess. Thought I would like it better than I did. The City tour was OK.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
City tour was better at this port...more to see. Beautiful sites to observe.
Mazatlan, Mexico