Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

The good, bad, and ugly

Sail Date: December 20, 2008

Ship was pretty good. Cabo stop was too short to do anything but eat and shop. Other two stops were enjoyable. I thought there would be some benefits to being a latitudes member. I experienced none on this trip. Service seemed to diminish as the cruise progressed. We experienced rough seas the last two days. Several passengers experienced motion sickness.

Pros: Puerto Viarta

Cons: Cabo venders, trip home

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Smallest balcony room I have had.
For the most part very good except the service seemed to fall off toward the end of the trip
Food was OK. I've been on 6 cruises. This was in the bottom 2. Dining facilities were loud. Service fell off the last few days of the trip.
Some of the best shows I have seen on a ship.
Mazatlan, Mexico
Interesting museums
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Visit too short. Could only eat and shop. There was a gauntlet of vendors hawking their wares the moment we got off the boat. Cabo would have been a better experience had we spent the entire day there.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico