Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska - Inside Passage - Awesome!

Sail Date: July 16, 2006

This was our 2nd cruise, 1st on NCL. We were very impressed with this ship. The staff was very kind. The decor was fancy but not gaudy. For those of you worried about getting sick....this ship had a person and a hand washing station containing hand sanitizer at every port, every restaurant and at every elevator. We had the cleanest, germ free hands in the country! For those of you worried about rough seas and seasickness, we rarely felt this huge ship rock. For almost the entire 2500 miles, the seas were 0 to 3 feet tall. Glass like.

Pros: Skagway

Cons: Glacier Bay - Bad Weather!

A little over 4 laps on deck 12 equals 1 mile. Thats big! This ship was large enough that we never felt crowded even though we had 2,500 people on this cruise. Every where we looked, the ship was well maintained. The public restrooms were kept very clean.
Free style cruising is the way to go. Eat what you want, where you want and with who you want. This is important when timing ports and excurions. The wait staff was well trained and always worked hard to make us feel that we were in a 1st class restaurant.
We had a room on deck 4 (the lowest) with a small port hole window. Sounds small but when cruising Alaska, you don't need anything larger. There was plenty of room for 2. Three or more people would be tight.
Always made us feel special. If they were tired or bored or tired of their jobs, I never would of guessed. Most of the staff seemed to be in the 20 to 40 age group. Very few seemed to be from the USA. We took the time to talk to several. Their life stories are incredible.
The shows were 1st class (like Vegas). Movies were a nice option. Bingo was fun and entertaining. The spa was incredible. Paying $60 for the week to use the private pool and hot tubs was well worth it.
Juneau, Alaska
Juneau was nice. I wish we could of spent more time there. We did the nature quest. That staff was very knowledgeable. We saw a group of whales bubble feeding.
Victoria, British Columbia
This is a city I would like to come back to. I thought I was in London. Very clean and British like. I will definately be back.
Don't Miss: Butchart Gardens. This place is amazing. I am not a flower person. I was impressed.
Skagway, Alaska
Very charming town. We took a helicoptor to on top of a glacier. That was a must do. We also rode the train to White Pass. The sites were amazing.
Don't Miss: Take a helicopter to a glacier.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Very small town. Only had a few hours there so we did our own walking tour. This town is not flat. The salmon hatchery and totem pole museum were very interesting.