Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean

Great cruise, but handicapped folks need more attention.

Sail Date: February 27, 2016

My cruise in itself was wonderful.  The staff on board the Norwegian Spirit made me feel at home and catered to any need that I had.  The food was excellent, and I enjoyed meeting lots of new folks from around the world.  When I chose my excursions, I made sure they were in the "easy" column, as I went on the cruise by myself and am somewhat handicapped.  My two previous cruises on another line took that into consideration much more than the Norwegian cruise.  The "short walks" turned out to be very "long walks" and there seemed to be a lack of information and a lack of communication between the ship's staff and the excursions.  I spoke with other cruisers who felt the same way.

Cruise Photos

My cabin was fine. I had everything I needed except the first day leaving Port Canaveral. And I loved the animals that visited each night!
I asked a lot of questions and only then did I find out information about embarkation and disembarkation. Once all the information was received, things went smoothly, and I thank the staff for that. With so many aging cruisers, I think there should be something written to help them at these times.
The ship was beautiful. I felt bad because cruisers left plates and glasses all over, including the shelf on several of elevators. However, the same dishes/glasses remained throughout the day, and I feel they should have been cleaned up sooner.
The excursions I chose were great, especially at Atlantis when I swam with the dolphins. The problem I had was getting to each of the excursions because of the distance I had to walk. There was a lack of communication getting back and forth between the ship and excursion. Staff on ship needs to be more educated about excursions. And I feel there needs to be more done for handicapped/disabled cruisers.
If you were bored, you didn't try hard enough. There were so many opportunities to interact with other cruisers. You couldn't possibly make it to every activity!
Got to see most of the shows. Very entertaining and the variety was nice.
My cabin steward, Sanjay, was wonderful. Loved the animals he made. Brought ice everyday without my asking. He was always every pleasant.
Everything was presented very nicely and all was very tasty. Gave me an opportunity to try new foods. Only one entree had to be sent back. The wait staff was very cordial, and made me feel very special.
Very pretty. The highlight of my trip was swimming with the dolphins. Never imagined it would be so much fun. My grandchildren are jealous!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Another beautiful place to visit. I had a great time on the Kon Tiki and made some new friends with a couple from New York.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
My last excursion, we toured the island by boat and then hopped a bus for a tour of the French and Dutch sides of the island.
Port Canaveral, Florida

I had dinner with a couple I met onboard, and we were lucky to eat early enough to get a table near the back of the ship. It was special sitting near the huge windows under the chandeliers. Get there around 5:30 p.m. for the best seating!