Great cruise, but handicapped folks need more attention.

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean

14 Night Eastern & Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 27, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Spirit

My cruise in itself was wonderful.  The staff on board the Norwegian Spirit made me feel at home and catered to any need that I had.  The food was excellent, and I enjoyed meeting lots of new folks from around the world.  When I chose my excursions, I made sure they were in the "easy" column, as I went on the cruise by myself and am somewhat handicapped.  My two previous cruises on another line took that into consideration much more than the Norwegian cruise.  The "short walks" turned out to be very "long walks" and there seemed to be a lack of information and a lack of communication between the ship's staff and the excursions.  I spoke with other cruisers who felt the same way.

Everything was presented very nicely and all was very tasty. Gave me an opportunity to try new foods. Only one entree had to be sent back. The wait staff was very cordial, and made me feel very special.

If you were bored, you didn't try hard enough. There were so many opportunities to interact with other cruisers. You couldn't possibly make it to every activity!

Got to see most of the shows. Very entertaining and the variety was nice.

My cabin steward, Sanjay, was wonderful. Loved the animals he made. Brought ice everyday without my asking. He was always every pleasant.

The ship was beautiful. I felt bad because cruisers left plates and glasses all over, including the shelf on several of elevators. However, the same dishes/glasses remained throughout the day, and I feel they should have been cleaned up sooner.

My cabin was fine. I had everything I needed except the first day leaving Port Canaveral. And I loved the animals that visited each night!

I had dinner with a couple I met onboard, and we were lucky to eat early enough to get a table near the back of the ship. It was special sitting near the huge windows under the chandeliers. Get there around 5:30 p.m. for the best seating!

Very pretty. The highlight of my trip was swimming with the dolphins. Never imagined it would be so much fun. My grandchildren are jealous!
Another beautiful place to visit. I had a great time on the Kon Tiki and made some new friends with a couple from New York.
My last excursion, we toured the island by boat and then hopped a bus for a tour of the French and Dutch sides of the island.