First Cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 30, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Spirit

This was our first ever experience with any Cruise.  At first we were very confussed, and overwhelmed.  We were travelling with a large group, so we tagged along with them for the first little while.  The food was amazing...the shows were fantastic,  the people were great.   Our first port was Roatan, and I was so impressed, we went to Anthony Key resort, spent the afternoon snorkeling had a wonderful lunch, then it rained actually it poured....that night on the ship was extremely rough,  a lot of people were ill,  my husband and I sat at the bow of the ship and enjoyed the ride,  we had a oceanview cabin which was sufficent since we only planned to sleep in it.  Our next stop was Belize,  one of the other people in our party plan an excurstion it ended up being a bust, but because of the storm the night before, oh well we did some shopping.  Our last stop was Cozemel we went for a scuba dive here,  not great for me I had a panic attack, no ones fault but mine,  the rest of the group had a fantastic time..  this was the first port that we docked at ( the others were tendered)  and i loved this part, we went back on the ship had lunch then went back to the port and did some more exploring.  We celebrated New years eve on this cruise and that was great.  Also my daughter got engaged during this trip which just added to the excitement..

If you have to tender, get to the tender office early so you can get an early tender. I was able to get 1st tenders for our group both times and that was wonder.

would like to have had a longer stay here.
The best snorkelling i have ever done.
this port was cancelled
our excustion got cancelled, it was not booked with the ship so there was no alternative available.
had a bad diving experince, no ones fault but mine.