Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A good cruise

Sail Date: July 20, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The cruise was good, although very disappointing for my familes first time. We were on a 50th anniversary celebration for my parents and 15 year for my husband and myself. The changes in the last stop and eventual cancellation was VERY disappointing to all of us and we had no choice but to go due to the celebrations. The ship was way too crowded. Never could get a lounge chair by the pool. Exiting the boat was very unorganized and the first excursion was very unfair to alot of guests. We went to Cocoa Beach FUn and Sun. The resort was not as nice as we expected it to be. We arrived in port late due to a storm and buses were not there for us, we had to stand around for 40 minutes waiting. People heading to Disney should have had their excursion cancelled as there was no time for them to enjoy anything given the time frame. Alot of folks were very upset. The ship was clean and the cabin steward was the best. The kids loved the towel animals. Gary was his name and he was great. The shows were great as well. The food was good and the availability of dining times was great as well. Just way too crowded on elevators, at the pool and in the hallways for excursions and special events. Felt it was very unorganized at times. Not such a great experience for a 1st time cruise for my husband and my kids. I was hoping it would have been better to get them to love cruising vacations but don't think it impressed them all that much.

Pros: Having a balcony in the room

Cons: Having the last stop cancelled

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

Loved the Dolphin Encounter but the timeframe was horrible. We wasted our whole day with that. Only had one hour to show the kids the beach. An earlier arrival would have helped. Atlantis was nice but by the time we made it there it was evening and NOTHING to do with the kids.
Don't Miss: Dolphin Encounter and local beach
Port Canaveral, Florida
Not so impressed with the Cocoa Beach, it was a little run down. Thought it would have been more upscale. Disney or anyy of the park trips should not even be offered. No time for anyone to get in a quality day or their moneys worth.
Don't Miss: No idea