Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Stuck in the Middle

Sail Date: July 20, 2008

I've been on many cruises in my travels. This is the 4th cruise I've taken my two teenage daughters on. They rated it a 2 out of 4 with 4 being the highest.

Pros: Service; Shows; Food

Cons: Organization of Shore Excursions

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

The layout of the cruise ship was very easy to remember. Color coded carpets helped you to understand where you were on the ship (forward, mid, aft). The pool was extremely overcrowded since there is only one large pool; but, it was deep and not conducive to just hanging out - you had to tread all the time.
The Hibachi was not worth the extra $25 a person. The Italian restaurant was truly worth the additional $10 per person. We ate there near the end of the cruise and we would have eaten there again if we could.
We were 3 in the cabin. It was tight. The sofa bed was terrible - you felt the boards and my back hurt the next morning. From that point forward, I took the couch cushion and laid that on top of the pullout sofa bed which made a world of difference - confined to just that area of the cushion - but it was extremely comfortable that way.
The shows were pretty good. The magician was good but too talkative.
The staff and service was above average. I was not disappointed at all with respect to cabin staff and/or restaurant staff. The drink staff were a little slow at the bars and at poolside. Drinks with souvenier glasses costs almost $10.00 - yikes - prices have gone up!
Port Canaveral, Florida
We were late arriving which threw the entire excursion off. We signed up to do the Ron Jon Surfing and they shuttled my kids off first so that they wouldn't miss the lesson. I was shuttled afterwards and they did direct me to where they were surfing. They did enjoy this excursion though once they got there.
Aye Aye Aye - getting off the ship for a excursion is basically a nightmare; waiting in the stairwell with lots of people can get pretty irritating. We signed up for the Atlantis waterpark. We had to get off the ship - wait for them to walk us to the ferry (mind you its pretty hot outside); get on the ferry to cross over to Paradise Island, then walk over to the Hotel which took about 15-20 minutes. Then through the hotel to the water area. Needless to say we were extremely hot and exhausted already. The water park was fun; but we didn't have too much time because the last ferry left at 6:30. Could have easily took a taxi there and back and eliminated all this frustration of getting there.
Don't Miss: My daughters loved the straw market since they have a million and one knockoff handbags. We had to make two trips there because I didn't have enough money the first time.