Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Never again...

Sail Date: May 29, 2009

My husband and I were literally ready to throw ourselves overboard by the 5th day on this ship. The first 2 days of sailing were okay because we were exploring all that the ship had to offer. Then we spent days 3-5 on shore in Bermuda. However, on the way home we were incredibly BORED. There is not much to do on the boat other than drink and eat. We were constantly bombarded by waiters asking if we wanted an overpriced drink which got irritating when you're trying to relax. I'm not looking for parties or anything like that but atleast some activities that don't require me to spend more money like the BINGO they were constantly trying to get me to go to. This was my first and last cruise.

Pros: freestyle dining option, the spa, entertainment

Cons: constant pressure to buy things, staterooms, condition of ship, boredom

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

The room smelled musty upon arrival. The bathroom sink had huge cracks and dents in it. The shower was moldy. The towels were extremely dingy.
A large railing blew off the side of the ship on the second day of sailing and it was replaced with a rope! The pool is much too small for the amount of passengers this ship holds. The basketball court and golfing range are in tough shape. The carpets are in good condition but they have most likely been replaced through the years.
The food was just okay. Neither my husband nor I had one meal that we thought was exceptional. The buffet had your typical buffet items: pasta, tacos, pizza, burgers. The breakfast buffet shut down way too early and the line was ridiculous. The specialty restaurants are not worth the cover charge as it's the same food served in the regular included restaurants!
I enjoyed the entertainers (Second City, Cat's Pajama's, Musician) as they gave me something to do in the evenings. The constant pushing of BINGO was incredibly irritating. Trivia was fun but was held in too small of an area (Henry's Pub) so only about 10 people could join in.
All of the staff I met were very friendly and willing to help. I have no complaints about the staff.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
The Wharf is located right next to the Bermuda Prison. There's a nice little rum cake shop on the wharf. Snorkel Park looks good for the children.
King's Wharf, Bermuda