Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Bermuda

the Bermuda Spirit!

Sail Date: July 17, 2009

the Spirit was very clean and maintained. It had one small pool with a slide for kids and their own hot tub! The adult pool was not large enough. The two main dining rooms were excellent but had a waiting list - we made reservations and got right in. We had a balcony suite as well as an inside room for our kids.

Pros: the food the food the food!

Cons: paying for the kids arcade games

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

The Spirit was a good sized ship and the layout of restaurants, bars, pools and deck space made it seem larger than it was. The entire ship was ALWAYS immaculate. I was told that the ship was recently refurbished but it was not reflected in the staterooms.
I had a balcony suite and an inside room on the Spirit. The rooms were small and cramped with very limited storage. The decor was outdated. My kids had the inside room and were kept up every night until 2:00 due to loud guests and a crying baby.
From A.M. to P.M. the food was exceptional! My children are sometimes picky eaters and even they loved their meals. The menu had something for everyone and their was always a kids menu to choose from. The Spirit had only 2 dining rooms and the rest of the restaurants you had to pay a fee for.
The housekeeping crew were excellent! they cleaned/stocked the rooms twice a day. The food service crew for the buffet were outstanding.
The Spirit did not have much to do for children ages 8-17. The clubs were not sufficient for them to want to participate.
The entertainment quality and variety was excellent. We never missed a show and my kids loved it too. I did not like the fact that you have to pay for an exercise class.