Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Relaxing time

Sail Date: June 22, 2008

This was my second cruise with Norwegian. It was again a great trip, though choosing to go to the Bahamas in the summer was perhaps not a good choice. I loved the free-style dining, though I did feel there needed to be more restaurant choices that did not require an additional fee. The free room service was wonderful and every crew member from housekeeping to the captain were always smiling and greeted you warmly every time they passed by you. They were extremely polite and kind and very, very helpful. I enjoyed the different types of entertainment available in different parts of the ship.

Pros: the smiling, courteous service

Cons: limited restaurant choices

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

There were only 2 main restaurants beside the buffet and it was very crowded. There were many other restaurants but they required a additional fee. The menu of food for lunch and dinners had a large variety but many of the choices were unfamiliar and too fancy. Though I am not a picky eater I had a difficult time at several meals to find something I knew and liked. I did have to return one meal that was very spicy.
We did not care for the shows except on the last night when the crew performed their different talents from their countries and then the crew came out to be thanked and to thank us. It was very well done and very enjoyable.
The crew has been impeccably trained and were so wonderful. Only once did I witness a minor type of altercation and to tell you the truth I was thoroughly shocked. Within a few minutes a supervisor was there and straightened things out very nicely.
The elevators were very slow. Though there were deck layouts every where on the ship I wish there had been a printed one in our room, one that mapped the ship as if you were looking down on it.
I loved the room mostly because it had a balcony and I will not cruise again without having one of them again. The room was always clean and was very comfortable. I wish there were a few more TV channels.
Way too much walking in the horrible heat. We went on the cruise tour and discover Atlantis. It was so, so hot and humid beyond belief that it was hard to enjoy the trip. The cruise tour was way too loud and too hard to understand what she was even saying. There was so much walking just to get to the cruise boat, never mind all the walking to get to Atlantis and then all the walking there. They said it was a lot of walking, but it was much more that I had thought and it was very difficult in the heat. Atlantis was very good and interesting. The aquarium was amazing. Our tour guide was very good and moved us right along. At the end of the tour we were allowed to go back and spend more time looking on our own, but it was so confusing to even know where to begin or find anything on our own. So many ins and outs and ups and downs, etc., to ever be able to find our way around there. I would recommend the Atlantis tour because it is interesting.
Don't Miss: discover atlantis
Port Canaveral, Florida
We went to Kennedy Space Center. While it was a good excursion, we arrived there very late and had to stand in a very, very, very long line to wait for the bus tour. Then we were told that the bus was leaving back to the ship at six and it was now already 3:30. So, we only saw 2 of the 3 stops on the bus tour. When we got back to the center we had to do a lot of rushing to see it. We did get to see only one IMAX and were very disappointed that we were not able to see more and spend more time there. The excursion paper said it was a 6 or 7 hour tour and we were only there for 3 1/2 hours and did not feel that we really got our moneys worth. Even though our ship did not leave until 10:00 we were done by 6:15 and there was not anything more to do at that port.
Don't Miss: bus tour
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The bus tour was interesting and enjoyable. The people in the marketplaces were very pushy and bossy and sometimes not very nice. I did not like that nothing had prices on it and they could say whatever they wanted.
Don't Miss: Freeport Highlights bus tour