not the best cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 24, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
The ship was obviously older by the decor. What I disliked the most was constantly being sold tear off tickets before every event. The choice of beverages was minimal. Being charged for other beverages, and I don;t mean alcohol. I would have liked a lemonaide or Sprite. Nothing was free, no welcome drink or evening cocktail party. We would have rather paid a little more up front than being nickled and dimed, everytime we wanted something. No midnight dessert fan fair the last evening.

although I do not think $20 is a nominal fee to dine at a speciality resturant, when dining is included.

wait staff was especially friendly

Stateroom very outdated

small and outdated,we tried to get an outside room but none was available. i later met a couple who also was not happy with the twin beds and made a fuse and got a outside room.
took a bus ride to the waterfalls. It was OK
we had a ball riding ATV's though the rain forrest
We went zip lining and had a ball, although it is such a poor country I felt guilty being there
mini jeep rides and snorkling. I was a little disappointed in the snorkling, I thought the reefs would be better

Pros: Boarding was very organized

Cons: the sterooms were very dated and sorry to say hideous is color schemes

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.