Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

1st Time Cruiser

Sail Date: November 07, 2016

Reviewed: 24 days ago

A friend and I booked a month or so from the departure date. Original itenirary was to stop at 3 different Bahama Islands. Due to the hurricane we only stopped in Nassau and Key West. With one complete day at sea (was a little bummed with the full day at sea).  I'm giving the cruise a 3.5 overall.

Pros: The unlimited alcohol!!!! The drinks were a 5/5! Strong with a wide variety and the bartenders were fantastic and would make custom drinks. I also throughly enjoyed the karaoke/ dancing entertainment on the outside deck by the pool which they had every day. Also the entire vessel staff!!!! I would say 99% of the staff I talked to or came in contact with were nothing other than fantastic.  So very nice!

Cons : it's an older boat. Definitely could use some updates as far as appearance and some mechanical issues. Our mini fridge in our room didn't work, we let our assigned wait staff know and he said he would let someone know. Our bathroom light didn't work but did get fixed within 30 minutes of calling which I found to be very fast. The other big con for me was the food. I wasn't impressed with the overall options. Breakfast was the best out of the 3. We ate only the food that was included but they do have 3 or 4 other restaurants you have to pay extra for.

Bathroom is very small, the single beds were comfortable.
No kids
Only saw the comedy show which was great and the rest of the time I was in the casino.
Miami, Florida
Beautiful water, lots of things going on.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Didn't get to go :(
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas Didn't get to go :(
We took the #10 bus to Cable beach which I recommend. It's strictly a resort area, very quiet and clean. Beautiful beaches.