Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

Was disappointed overall, but still had a good time with family.

Sail Date: December 26, 2014

Reviewed: 15 days ago

Overall I was disappointed with Norwegian, the destinations, and the food. This was my first and probably last time doing such a short cruise and I think that was probably part of the problem. The staff don't really get to know you and your name because everyone is in and out in a couple days. The ship wasn't very impressive overall. My favorite part of the ship was definitely the hot tubs as they had a good amount of them. The shops were eh, not much to look at our purchase.

The food was terrible, to the point where my parents and I had food being sent back from the main dining room. The cruise I went on with NCL in Europe had amazing food, so this was a huge disappointment. The service in the main dining room was slow slow slow. It was chaos.

The stops were eh. Bahamas was ok, not sure why such a big hype about it though. I would never go back there. We did a food trading tour which was nice but overall just not my type of place. Some of the shops on the main strip were nice and bought some cool clothes.

NCL private island was ok, but water was too cold to get in to in December so we were sitting outside baking. The only people in the water for the most part were the kids. We paid extra to have a clam shell around our chairs which was helpful, but it got sooo freaking hot that it was uncomfortable. Make sure to get their early if you want a clam shell because they started running out of them quickly. We did do the jet skiing guided tour which was our favorite part of the trip. I definitely recommend an excursion otherwise you'll be board out of your mind for hours on the beach.

Try a different cruise line. Was disappointed with the food which is one of the most important parts of a cruise for me.