Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Loved It

Sail Date: April 29, 2016

This was my first short cruise with NCL and it was fantastic!  I typically always went on RC for short weekenders but I will more than likely always use NCL moving forward. Reading some of these reviews, I couldnt help but think to myself - did you not do your reserch before? Yes, it is one of the older ships of their fleet- as all short cruises typically are on all cruise lines. However, everything has been refurbished- new furniture, new carpets, etc. Also, if it is All-inclusive with drinks wouldnt it be reasonable to anticipate a younger crowd? Especially during spring break?  With that said-  I went with my boyfriend, were in our later 30s. We did not witness anyone getting out of hand drunk and that says a lot because we were very invovled in all social activites. And yes, they limit you to two drinks to circumvent any stupidity, makes sense. There were never any outrageous lines to board the ship or at any of the bars. The staff is what separates NCL - all energetic and friendly! The food was good, not great but its a weekend cruise, be realistic. They throw a great white party so be sure to pack white- its their thing and done on every cruise- short and long and its a blast! They have great activities which are conveniently scheduled with few overlaps. The only thing i wish was that kareoke didn't end at midnight and if thats my only "complaint" I think we're looking pretty good! Big Smile

Cabin / Stateroom Rommel was great!
not great but good. overall pleased.
Miami, Florida
Nassau, Bahamas you can purchase tickets directly at atlantis for a lower cost. do not do the all inclusive at RIU- worst one I've ever seen.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

While it is kid friendly- again- be realistic- its the only all-inclusive weekender- you may want to opt for a different ship. We do not have children and enjoyed not having that many on the ship- however, if we were parents- I'd be concerned there were not enough kids.