Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nothing over the top....

Sail Date: April 04, 2016

Our cruise was a cruise.  I don't believe Norweigen showcased anything over the top for myself and my companions to want to go again.  I have been on 7 other cruises with Carnival, and each and every time we are treated like we are on vacation! (that's the whole point, right?!)

The staff on the Norweigen Sky were nice, but did not make the trip personable or memorable.  I don't remember anyone's names.  Nobody called us by name, no one remembered what we were eating or drinking.  We continued to have to wait each and every time we wanted a drink at the bars.  (lines of people....)  Now, there were Spring Breakers on our cruise (about 500 or so....) but to have to wait 10-20 minutes to get a drink is a little ridiculous.  Most times there was only 1 bartender tending the bar.  I'm in the restaurant industry, and staffing is everything!  Norweigen did not take the staffing section seriously.  Everyone knew these Spring Breakers were on this ship, along with the other 1000 or so people, so why weren't the bars staffed?  I don't want to sound like an alcoholic - I only drink about 2-4 drinks throughout the whole day - but with the lines I would only wait about once or twice and be over it.   Maybe Carnival spoils us by waiting on us everywhere we go.  They remember our names and what we were drinking earlier in the day or even from the day before. I rarely ever have to wait at the bar for a drink, the team comes to us.

One absolute fantastic thing with Norweigen Sky was the Food!  WOW!!  The food was amazing- great options, great flavor, great portions!  (and the Spaghetti!! I loved!!)  If we were to choose Norweigen for another cruise, it would mainly be for the food! Great job culinary team!

The private island of Great Stirrp Cay was beautiful.  It was very rocky.. but beautiful.  If the Spring Breakers weren't there, we would have enjoyed the island even more.  But that's not Norweigen's fault.  We just now know not to book during March or April.