Where to begin?

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Sail Date: February 22, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Sky

(First time with NCL)

Well, this will rate as worst cruise we have been on over the last 15yrs. I will start by saying there are some good people on this ship that provide good service. And even those that I personally thought were annoying, they work hard to try to make everyone a good time..

with that said, High points Luis and Helen in the Palace Dining room. One night we had Luis, fun guy with great service and some great inside info. and Helen another night, very friendly, Great service. (sorry I did not remember all the helpers those nights)

And one night in crossings we had great service with our waiter Jasmine, very friendly and moved quickly. With that said about the good service in the dining rooms, the food was Horrible! just Horrible! we have been on many cruises over the last 15 years and this was the worst food we have ever had. this goes for the buffet as well. alot of flavorless food, and what did have flavor was just as bad.. very little was any good. first cruise I actually lost weight on, so I guess I should thank them for that at least. the only food that was ok was the steakhouse, Putu was our waiter and did a great job. our steaks were cook perfect and although not huge flavors it was good. So if you are looking to go on a diet, sky is the ship for you. now this may be all there ships but I do not know that forsure, waiting to here from friends that were on a different ship this past week to see how food was there...

Ok on to the ship. smallest balcony room we have ever been in. at least half the size as all the other cruises we have been on. just tiny! Jefferson was our tiny room guy, very friendly and very helpful. he must love his job as there is not much to keep clean.

rest of boat overall needs and update. alot of areas smelled old, you know that smell... I will not complain about that to much as we kinda knew somewhat that it was a small ship and should expect it to be old. maybe not so small of rooms but older.

Now we mainly booked this cruise because of schedule change and we were very interested in checking out Great stirrup cay.

But lets start at Grand Bahamas which was first stop. we booked beach hideaway. save your money. beach ok but windy so no water sports available other than over priced jet skis and boat tow went out a few times. I know that can not control weather but still very misleading in the advertising. food was bad which we were hoping to get something good being off the boat. We did enjoy the little history lesson our bus driver gave on the way to the beach. Learned more than expected about the island.

Stop two: Nassau been here few times before but decided to book the Atlantis beach day. I do not understand boat docking around 8am and then having to wait until 10:30 to get shuttle over. (same at freeport) to much hurry up and wait.. If you have never been to Atlantis its a good way to check it out. (better than the walking tour. explore yourself) some more great info from shuttle driver back.

Day 3 the only stop we had not been to. Well, it was canceled. to windy.. Again they can not control weather but pretty annoyed stuck on old ship with horrible food for an entire day. and the capt really likes to talk, some off the wall stuff and borderline inappropriate.. We looked at each other when he was talking about 8 people dieing in  NY? what? just makes you wonder who is in control of these ships..

So very long last day on ship. And although this was a free unlimited drinking cruise (which is not our thing) it was well controlled it seemed. People just having good time drinking not being stupid.

Cruise director, well to me he was the most annoying person I've ever met in my life.. But whatever works and I can't hold that against him for doing his job... But I was about to jump if I heard "lets make some noise" one more time...

Entertainment was boring. I know they work hard for little, but all shows were lame. not the worst we have seen but close.. Comedian was corny and not funny.

I could go on but you get the idea. We all have our own opinions on what is good or bad, please save your money this cruise is Bad. Some Great staff, but that's not enough.

Oh, one last thing. no need to crank a speaker when getting back on the ship, light music is ok. just no need to try and blow out speakers.

We've been to third world countries with better food

the adult pool and right next to the other pool.

cant blame them if bad service, they are stuck on this ship with what seems to have zero food standards

time for an upgrade

small. I mean very small. i think inside cabins may have been bigger. I'd upload photo but I did not take one, not enough room inside cabin for a camera.

Our tip for the sky. Go on another ship!

miami bike and roll. take the segway tour(s)
research excursions, very misleading. and check start times
check tour start times. or book off ship ahead of time.
never made it on because of weather. only stop we really wanted to do