Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Tired ship with many challenges

Sail Date: January 29, 2016

I have always enjoyed Norwegian.  This was the worst cruise I have been on with them.  It started with the onboarding process.  Most cruise lines have found ways to make the process faster and less painful.  Norwegian has gone to a model of giving out tickets when you enter the waiting room and then calling out those groups.  The challenge was no one was there to let us know this was the process and there was also no one there to give us a ticket.  We were one of the first onboard but they had not set up this process in the room yet.  So when people started getting on the ship we were told we needed a ticket and were forced to wait an additional 45 minutes.  Not the way to start.

Once on board we were able to see our room and the plastic container the mattresses were in were dirty and stained.  Our room attendant was never seen which is really unusual for a cruise ship.  We tried to send in laundry and had to call back twice and the laundry came back a day later than promised.  Not the level of customer service I have learned to expect on a cruise ship.

Overall the cruise was fine, the food at the specialty restaurants was good and the food at the regular restaurants was mediocre.  The comedian and the shows were okay as well.  Maybe this is the level you get on the shorter cruises.

When we getting ready to get off the ship the line was ridiculously long.  Everyone was sent off the ship quickly and then stood in a line that wound through lines of chairs.  Again, nothing that said we are trying to make this a great experience.  Maybe you keep people on board until lines are shorter.

Based upon this cruise I am not sure I will go on Norwegian again

Size was what was expected but the plastic mold that held the 2 mattresses was filthy. Not a place you wanted to sleep

I realize this was a short trip and your cruises are very laid back. There is a difference between laid back and seeming not to care about the client experience. I expected much better customer service.