Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A well done cruise for the younger set

Sail Date: January 18, 2016

Enjoyed the service of the crew and the excellent food buffets on Norwegian Sky. My first trip with NCL, though have been on 9 cruises. I am 72. Usually travel Holland America. The shows were well done, but all high energy pop music from the 80's-90's, with no show tunes, no 60's-70's, no country music. Comedian show was great, and the cruise director led a great "fountain" comedy act. All comedy was kept PG in the early show with R show late at night for adults. Definitely a ship to party on if you are 20-50's younger adults. The daily schedule was not very educational/seminar/training oriented but more musical venues and up-tempo/louder entertainment. The library was tiny, open only two hours a day, and no later best sellers were in it. There was no printed New York Times summary sheet each day or free computer use to read a paper on board, which I  missed.. Having the Captain and all the upper staff dance and cut up when they were introduced was too informal and unprofessional  for me. All the music venues were well done with great musicians.. The weather was quite cool for the Bahamas, and the Sky did not have a canopy to close or heated pools so swimming was definitely out. This overcrowded the hot tubs and we only got to fit in one once. NCL cruise was "free style" so there is no "dress up" dinners, etc. NCL did not spell out the daily itinerary as well as I would have liked, but you could still keep up with it. Getting on and off the ship was less regimented than I was used to, but welcomed. We took two guided tour side trips on shore and they were well done. I think for me, I will go back to Holland America. But if you are a younger adult and want a high energy, active, party ship for a cruise vacation, the NCL would be just your cup of tea.

Inside cabin staterooms are VERY small.