Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Norwegian Sky cruise

Sail Date: November 09, 2015

very relaxing, great weather, great time! loved the crew and the entertainment. I have cruised with Carnival before but am now a Norwegian fan too! great cruise for my kids. loved the family feud, deal or no deal, dancing with the stars, quest, bingo, comedian, dancing, drinks, pool, food and more! I highly recommend NCL to everyone!

important to advise that 1 of the beds is medium. it fit my 10 year old perfectly but would be way too small for anyone 5 feet or taller. the bunk bed worried me a bit and I felt like I would fall out of it, but glad I didn't. overall, the room was okay.
I didn't realize the sky was the oldest and smallest of the fleet until I asked - since the sky happened to be traveling next to 2 other ships: 1 was a bigger NCL and the other was a carnival - both had more "toys" aka bungy jumps, pool slides, wall climbing, etc. Guess I wanted to bring this up since initially we were disappointed we didn't have the same bells and whistles but in hindsight, ended up being better for my kids first cruise and we enjoyed it being less crowded and more intimate.
destinations were great! I didn't do any of the excursions as we were tight on funds. we did our own thing on each port and had fun.
loved all of the games, dancing
Children's Programs unfortunately my 10 and 15 year old didn't want to do anything in the kid zone or teen zone.
absolutely LOVE Shake It Shirley, Drew, Alvin and the Nick Lachay look alike. very nice, personable, approachable and genuine!
loved all of the entertainment crew, the cabin crew and most of the service and wait staff. there were a few people serving on deck 11 that were grumpy which seemed odd for a fun cruise. the washy washy people could be a bit annoying too.
my 10 year old daughter is extremely picky eater. it wasn't until the 3rd day I asked and was told I could order things from Palace Restaurant for her. I personally loved all of the different cultural foods!
Miami, Florida
more expensive than I thought. our hotel was by the airport and there wasn't much to do around it and looks really sketchy and dumpy. loved south beach and mangos. uber rides were decent.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
beach tino was amazing. needed more cash though for the straw markets. no atm's in local areas. good to know in advance.
atlantis resort is the best!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
really nice island with great snorkeling!

there are a few hidden charges to be wary of. port fees and other international charges but overall, okay.

1 Comment