Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruzin to a different ship

Sail Date: June 01, 2015

PROS:
Staff is very friendly.
Never felt the ship moving; very smooth.
French restaurant was excellent and well worth the price.
Good cruise for those with kids.
Good cruise for those who like to drink a lot.

Private island was wonderful!

CONS:

MATTRESSES ARE HORRIBLE!!

Bathroom not stocked with toilet tissue.  Had to request and was asked how many we wanted.  (Oh, I don't know about 1,000 sheets. LOL)

"Complimentary" restaurants not very good.  Had to send 2 dinner meals back!

Buffet is better, but not great.

Room service was horrible.  Quick service because half of the order was missing!
Acts in lounge were mediocre and female singer was awful.

I know this is a quick trip to the Bahama's and shouldn't expect much, but I will try RCL next time.

Pool very small.

SPA:

The actual treatments were wonderful!!  5 Star.  However, you were left to your own defenses when arriving.  Lockers did not have locks.  We were not given robes and had to find them on our own.  They did not have any slippers at all.  The shower, sauna and steam rooms were very good.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Do NOT book a trip to a private beach. The ship publishes a list of beaches the day of. Take a cab. The private beach is a rip off.
We booked the trip to Atlantis; however, the pool is not included. Good trip if you have never been to Atlantis.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
The water is wonderful, the buffet was good and I loved the shopping. TAKE CASH. I like buying from local vendors and helping the local economy. The prices were very good. Wait to purchase your goods at this island. Even the hair braiding was much less here than Freeport and Nassau! Cute dresses, hats, bags, etc. The beach was beautiful and offered a lot of "toys". It was my favorite beach area. They also have waiters to bring you drinks while you are on the beach. I could have spent all 3 days here!!

Cruising was very smooth. Book a cabin close to the front of the ship if traveling with children - close to most of the restaurants.
Private island is lovely and even has shopping. Take CASH. Most vendors do not take credit cards and you cannot use the ship card. Good local vendors AND prices!!