Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

I expected so much more

Sail Date: May 18, 2015

The cruise started off disappointing. The check-in process took nearly two hours. Once I arrived on the ship there was no wow factor at all. You could tell the ship is old. Deck railing was loose and stairs leading to the Oslo deck made a popping sound when stepped on. Beautiful dining rooms, but the food was not good at all. The buffet was pretty much the same every day (I can eat hot dogs and hamburgers at home any time). They did not have a midnight buffet with the beautiful food carvings which is something I was looking forward to. They offer the other restaurants for a fee, but I don't think I should have to pay an additional fee to get decent appetizing.  It's sad to say, but the ice cream bar was the best part of the food selection.

I have cruised on Carnival and my sister on Royal Caribbean and we both agreed those cruise ships were much better and offered excellent food which was 100% better than the food served on the Norwegian Sky. The entertainment on the Sky also could have been much better. The shows were more on the scale of a high school talent show. Once again....no wow factor.  The concept of free style dining has it pros and cons. I like the idea of being able to have dinner when I liked, but I missed the interaction and getting to know the wait staff. With free style dining you have a different server each time you dine?

The Norwegian Sky is an old ship and it's showing it's age. I think the ship needs to be completely refurbished  or better yet....discontinued. I will never cruise with Norwegian again nor will I recommend to anyone else. I loved that they stopped in three ports in four days and all the ports were very nice, but the ship itself was a huge disappointment. The next time I cruise will be on Carnival, Royal Caribbean or Disney. On a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the highest score...I give the Sky a 4.

Food was not appetizing.
Shows were like a high school talent show.
I loved that we stopped at three different ports in four days.
Once the bed was let out for the third guess, you had to step on the bed to get back and forth to the bathroom.
Miami, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Nice shops and restaurants. Best time to get free Wi-Fi to avoid paying high price on ship.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Beautiful beach.
TThe locals can be pretty persistent offering their services. Gets pretty annoying at times.

All I can say about this ship is that I loved the ice cream bar.

1 Comment