Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Just weird...

Sail Date: January 26, 2015

This was the strangest cruise I've ever been on.  The majority of people on this cruise were from Europe, Brazil or were over 65.  The crew was fantastic.  Very friendly and accommodating.  The spa was wonderful.  The food was just okay but I expect a lot in that department. This ship is small and old.  Some areas smelled horrible, like sewage.  I spent an entire afternoon on the deck and only 1 person came 1 time for my drink order.  Our room was dirty.  Hair in the linens, hair on the vanity, dust everywhere, remote didn't work, face prints in the window, broken down nightstand, greasy marks all over the closet mirror, floor was dirty and (worst of all) the duvet, under the cover was bloody.  Not just a drop or two.  It probably had been washed but I was stained and so gross.  It took the cleaning crew 2 more tries to get the room cleaner, not perfect but cleaner.  We had to leave our room for hours while they cleaned.  All we received for the trouble was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries.  I noticed a lot of those plates of strawberries in the hallway that day.  I have been on 10 cruises with 4 different companies.  I've had great trips and so-so trips. This one was not good.  If it wasn't for Joe, Chris, Sin, Josh, Alex and Raphael, it would have been terrible.

Ship is old and small.
Food was fine. Buffet was pretty good.
Dirty and old.
Joe, Alex, Raphael, Chris, Josh and Sin. Spa staff. Great job!
There wasn't a lot to do but what they did was done well.
We couldn't go to the private island due to the weather. The Peerson's Key Kayak and Snorkel was awesome.
Miami, Florida Head to South Beach for Cuban food.
Atlantis! Fish Fry for lunch.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Peterson's Cay Kayak and Snorkel Adventure. They were so nice a knew so much. Fantastic excursion.

The buffets were pretty good on this boat. I usually avoid them.