Not Enough Entertainment

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 02, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Sky

I've been on 20 plus cruises and this was a nice, short cruise.  Everyone was very friendly but this was my 3rd NCL cruise and I was suppose to receive a "Welcome Back"  letter with discounts.  I requested it twice and never received it.  The last night, I was told by someone in the gift shop that I was suppose to be getting discounts and should have demanded the letter that shows it.  Also, I love the evening entertainment but it lacked.  Two nights they did comedy.  My 8-yr-old grandson doesn't understand comedy and I'm so sick of it, I stopped going to them on any cruise line.  They seem to pass the same jokes around to each cruise line.  The last night, they had one variety show.  It was good, but there were people standing in the aisles and in the back of the theater because there wasn't enough room for everyone to sit.  We got there 30 mins. before it was suppose to start and had to sit in the back row because it was already packed.  It was not enjoyable, there were just too many distractions from people walking up the aisle looking for seats, people talking, and heads bopping all over the place trying to see the stage during the entire show.

We had reservations for an excursion and thank goodness we checked them the night before because they had totally different times and reviews than what the website said.  They did give us a refund but it still hasn't shown up on my credit card.

Good experience checking in and leaving the ship.  We carried off our luggage so were able to stay on until the last minute.

Not much going on after the show in the evenings.  My grandson did have fun in the children's program.  They were awesome.

I liked it better than Carnival and Royal Caribbeans.

Wasn't much going on.

Only went to the variety show - can't stand the comedy shows anymore. Too crowded.

My grandson was so excited to have a pillow fight with one of the staff!

There was an awesome clerk that helped us in the $10 store and the regular store but I forgot her name! I did have a problem with a man named Martin that took people before me or started conversations with people in the midst of checking me out. He also did not give me the discount I was suppose to get.

Very nice and clean.

Loved our cabin. It was on the same deck as the dining rooms and had something like 24 cabins on the entire deck.

Oceanview is awesome. One of the best safety drills between Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. Didn't have to wait around forever - they got it started on time, took down cabin numbers, demonstrated the process, dismissed us!

Can't stand the traffic.
Still under construction but still have plenty of things to do.
We've been here before but couldn't get off this time because my daughter had surgery on her foot and couldn't risk getting sand in her incision. Basically time to sit on the beach and chill out.