Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Getaway for a gerat price!

Sail Date: August 18, 2014

The staff on the ship were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the ship was in good condition. There were many onboard activities to keep people interested. I do not recommend playing the Bingo games, they were misleading in how they were going to be played and the winnings were not worth the buy-in. The ship is not a "party" ship, but if you are in need of relaxation with some fun thrown in, this is the ship for you.  We only ate in the included dining rooms, so my take on the food may be narrow.  The food is passable. There are a couple of dishes that were delicious, but as a whole, the chefs fail to deliver culinary greatness. Stick to steak or pasta and you are ok. I tried the lamb and it was so bad I had to leave it uneaten. Sadly, my server failed to get back to us in a timely manner, so my husband finished his dinner and I had nothing to eat. We ended up going to the buffet so I could grab a bite. I will say that the mushroom Ravioli was quite tasty. The gnocchi with squash sauce could have been perfection, but the heavy oil that it was cooked with on the flat top left a burnt-oil flavor to the gnocchi. It overwhelmed the flavor of the sauce which actually was pure culinary genius in execution.  It was a constant disappointment every evening. I will say that the buffet does have some good offerings and a fresh omelet outside on the back of the boat watching the sunrise is always enjoyable. I did order room service one night, while the menu is very limited, the food was delicious.  All in all, I would like to try one of their larger ships to compare this cruise to. The freestyle cruise aspect was very enjoyable.

If you are going to advertise culinary expertise, you need to deliver. It was passable.
Clean, great size, very comfortable beds.
We didn't have our children with us, but the kids we saw looked like they were enjoying themselves.
Miami, Florida
We went to Bolivar in South Beach for lunch. The best Peruvian and Argentinian food! Great specials!
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We did the Taino beach Express excursion. We did not get the all inclusive food and drink. I'm glad we didn't. It was amazingly fun, not crowded at all and the staff were very friendly. The food was delicious! Drink prices are not unlike those on the ship.
Atlantis!!! The water park so amazing. The lines were not very long. The food is VERY expensive!!! $17 for a cheeseburger! The beach was fabulous, you can't beat the water and the aquarium is beautiful.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
The water was amazing, but not too much to do on the island. A very relaxing day to just tan or snorkel. There were a lot of jellyfish the day we were there, but the food was great.

Go to the rear buffet for breakfast, shorter lines. Also, try the daily drink specials! They were amazing!