Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Nothing to do but eat nasty food

Sail Date: June 09, 2014

Cabin: GTY

I think this is the first bad review I have ever written. And I thought when reading other bad reviews that they are probably not first time cruisers and have a lot to judge by. You know, they are just hard to please people. I'll just be happy to go on my first cruise. First of all, the buffet was horrible. You had to wait in a long line to get it and it was always a disapointment. Sometimes, downright tastless or nasty and by the time you find an empty seat your food is also stone cold. I have heard from many people that is not the case on other ships and other cruiselines. But apart from that, there was also nothing to do on the ship except get drunk, which costs more money, swim in a crowded pool filled with drunk people and children, go gambling with drunk people which also costs more money, or hang around the clubs and wait for some game show or dance class to happen. There were nice restaraunts onboard which was a pretty good deal actually with great food, but maybe that was the trick. Give us bad food at the buffet so we'll eat at the restaraunts which costs more money. And at the beaches they charge you money for a chair, and umbrella so we went without. The beach was nice but then your bombarded by people trying to sell you stuff and getting charged to sit down. They make it sound like so many things are included and all you have to pay extra for is alcohol and excursions, but they penny pinch you everywhere you go. I paid a lot to just get on the ship, but then I have nothing to do there. It was our honeymoon and I will probably never go on another cruise again unless someone can convice me they aren't all a joke.