Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun Cruise!

Sail Date: March 24, 2014

We had a great time on this cruise.  The ship was clean and in good condition.  We all four loved the "Freestyle" dining on board.  You could eat when you wanted to and choose what restaurant you wanted.  (That's one of the things I didn't like about our first cruise.  I didn't want to sit at dinner with people I didn't know and make small talk.)

The private island, Great Stirrup Cay, is beautiful and we loved it.  We rented a small cabana for the day.  It was perfect!  It had a ceiling fan, cabinet with beach towels, four lounge chairs, a table, four chairs, and a mini-fridge.  The fridge had a large bowl of fresh fruit and bottled water in it.  There was a tray with three different kinds of salsas and a tray of tortilla chips.  They kept our chips and salsa filled all day.  All those things were included in the price of the cabana rental.  The cabana was just feet away from the beach.  There were plenty of lounge chairs on the beach too.

Lunch was provided by the cruise line and was really good.  It was a buffet that was about a five minute walk away from our cabana.  The restrooms were clean and nearby too.

When we were in Nassau, we booked the "Charm and Beauty of Nassau" shore excursion.  It was three hours of sitting on a tour bus and listening to a tour guide yammer on and on about how beautiful Nassau is.  It had some really nice areas and pretty plantlife, but not enough for three hours.  I thought the ride would never end.  My daughter and I got off the bus at a restroom stop and walked back to the city.  The other two in our group enjoyed the bus tour.  It was just too long for people that are used to being more active.

Freeport was very industrial and not very pretty.  It was kind of sad to see the abandoned hotels (after hurricanes in 2004) that still hadn't been refurbished.  The little shops where the ships docked were cute and colorful.  We were able to buy cheap jewelry, t-shirts, and other trinkets for super cheap.

Cruise Photos

Clean and in Great Shape!
Loved the "FreeStyle" Dining
Cute Room!
Service and Staff Staff was friendly and very accommodating.
The Vegas Revue was good. Commedian was okay.
The evening game shows were hilarious.
Miami, Florida
It was easy to find where we were supposed to go.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Beautiful! Best day of the cruise!
Nassau wasn't as pretty as I thought it would be. The Straw Market was very interesting. StarBucks (in town) has wifi for $3/hr.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Loved the little shops right next to the port. The public beach wasn't as clean as I prefer.

Crossings was our favorite restaurant, and it was one of the free ones.
The buffet was perfect for breakfast. We could get in and out quickly and there was something for everyone.
The Palace Restaurant was okay. The service was really slow for some reason.