Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not as good as I expected, but O.K.

Sail Date: July 15, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship was very clean and well maintained. I appreciated the attention to detail, and the friendly and attentive staff members (with one exception). What I did not care for was the food and lack of variety. The portion sizes were very small in the main dining room. My husband ordered the surf and turf and it there was barely any surf and not nearly enough turf! On another occasion in the dining room, our server refused to wait our table. She had a helper who had to move on and care for his own tables. We had to wave him down to help us because she refused wait our table, while she graciously waited on everyone that came after us. She never even greeted us, she would only take away the dishes. We were in shock because we didn't understand why.My husband bought me a glass of wine, which was supposed to be Moscato, it turn out be some dry white that was passed off as something else. The drinks cost too much not to give what is asked for. Bigger than that was the fact that there were over 100 fifteen year olds on the ship that were barely, if at all supervised. They were everywhere and made the trip less than enjoyable by being rude, loud, and selfish, cutting lines, playing on the elevators, running up and down the halls. It severely dminished the rest and relaxation we were seeking. I would not take this cruise again.
The ship was very clean, and well kept
the food was lacking, not much variety, too much repetition..
the room was clean, but very small
The staff was wonderful with one exception
There was not enough real entertainment
My daughter loved the kids camp
The white party left much to be desired, music very one dimensional
Nassau should be an overnight excursion
Miami, Florida If you drive to the port be prepared to spend nearly $100 for parking
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not much to do or see
Nassau, Bahamas Leave the ship early to got Nassua, otherwise the traffic is very heavy
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Pay for your excursion in advance, the water slide for the kids is too expensive if not paid in advance

Goto the Longboard for late night eats. The food is much better than the buffet.