Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Never Again

Sail Date: March 18, 2013

Not only was the service on board terrible, but on the second day the power went out and blew one of the stabilizers. For those who do not know what this mechanism does, it allows for the boat to stay balanced. Norwegian Sky was noticeably leaning for over an hour (no exaggeration, the pool water was completely collected on one side). I have been on many cruises and I, for the first time, thought we were sinking. The captain never responded to this and no information was given, except stay calm? Which, I might add, is incredibly difficult to do when emergency alarms are going off and everyone is required to put their life vest on.
Additionally, crew members were constantly doing construction in main hallways and blocking off stairs to replace the carpet. It made the boat smell terrible, and this business should have been taken care of well before we departed.
To add worse on top of terrible, the last day when we were supposed to be on some private island, we werent aloud off of the boat until after 1pm. When we finally got to the island, there was only one bar and absolutely nothing to do.
This was absolutely the worst cruise experiene I have ever endured. Even if a free trip on a Norwegian cruise was offered, I would gladly decline.
Generator went out, something went wrong with the engine, stabilizers blew and we were leaning, the boat was constantly under construction, etc..
My fish was blatantly under cooked and I had to wait over 20 minutes to get a replacement when our food was out in less than 10.
I have never felt so inconveniencing in my entire life as I did when I asked for service. That is most certainly not a feeling I would like to experience while on my vacation.
Miami, Florida
Returning to the ports, the officals were rude. I was blatantly called out and embarrassed in front of numerous other individuals for no apparent reason other than this gentleman was having an off morning.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
This is the most popular island. Appropriate measures should be executed to stay on the island for a longer period of time.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
There was one bar and an entire cruise full of people. Inefficient would be an understatement. Also, the "food" that they offered on the island consisted of cakes and desserts. That is most certainly not the balanced meal I was hoping for after being sea sick from the boat leaning completely on its side.