Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Perfect for a first time cruise

Sail Date: May 30, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The cruise length (4days) was perfect for a first time cruise. Service was very efficient. Staff was very friendly. I would have liked an in-room clock. We used our cell phones when getting ready for our dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants and port excursions. We had purchased the soda package when we boarded the ship, but upon entering our room, we received complimentary soda package vouchers from our vacation planner. I went down to the reception desk to see if I can have the charges removed, and they sent me to Java Cafe. Reggie took my vouchers and my receipt and said my account would be credited. Upon reviewing my bill on the last day, the charge was still there and when I went to the credit desk, they had no record of the vouchers. I was passed off to someone else and that person still could not find any record of the vouchers, they final said they were able to contact the vacation planner to verify that the vouchers were indeed valid. (40 minute wait time)
Overall, we had a great time!!

Pros: Freestyla Dining

Cons: Lack of an in-room clock, Getting credit on my bill

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

Richard, room steward, was great. His towel animals were a hit with our son (6 yrs).

Don't Miss: Atlantis Aqua Adventure
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We took a taxi to the Port of Lucaya and spent the afternoon at the beach. We paid the taxi driver for round trip to and from the ship; however, on the way back, he placed us in friend's van and that driver tried to charge us, even though we heard them discuss we've already paid. This left us with a bad impression of the island.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas