NCL Cruises

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: October 13, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Sky
It is obvious that this ship has done its stint in Hawaii and was reconditioned for the Carribean. This was my nineth cruise on NCL. The rooms on this ship are very small. However, the staff more than makes up for any inconvenience by their friendliness and catering to your every whim. They have a wonderful staff on this ship.

The ship is clean. It seemed like every time I stepped out of my cabin at any time of day, by the time I returned our steward had already cleaned up after me--ah, vacation !

My only negative, and it isn't selective to this ship, is that the entertainment is not near the quality or diversity that it was when we started sailing in 2001.

We ate only in the surcharge restaurants. But the quality, service and overall meal was excellent. We did miss the Asian-Fusion restaurant.

They have a good variety of activity for old and young. They also try to keep up with the latest: i.e. Wii for adults and children.

The absolute best part is that they separate the children from the adults. For example, they have adult Wii [which we had never done before], an adult's only pool, restaurants with areas where children are not allowed. This ship prohibited children [and thank you baby carriages] from the casino.

After nine cruises, we rather tend to expect to have good service. This ship has an amazing staff that works together.

Great ship, clean, looks new, obviously pulled from the Hawaii routes.

As I said, while the cabins are cheerful, they are small.
The Captain and crew tried for over an hour to position the ship to still allow us a fun day on Great Stirrup Cay and see to our safety. In the end, he had to decline [the use of tenders is the only access] due to rough surf.

Pros: The staff

Cons: It was too short.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!