Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

We were disappointed!

Sail Date: November 24, 2008

Having cruised twice before on a different cruise line, I was referred to Norwegian. I really was quite disappointed. My husband and I enjoyed the time we spent off the ship in the various ports, but always returned to the ship by mid afternoon. There was absolutely no planned activities until about 30 minutes prior to departure. The only thing for us to do was sit by the pool, read, or take a nap. We didn't pay to do that! The casino and shops were closed during port times, and we are not big drinkers, so were totally bored. The food on the buffet was the same daily, you can only eat so many burgers, hot dogs and fries. Although the fresh fruit was wonderful. the lines were long as well, but that is to be expected I guess. If you wanted to eat in a different dining room, 5 out of 7 of them had cover charges. We paid 20 dollars each to eat dinner at the steakhouse. The food was great, but we can eat for that back home. I also was not happy about the mandatory 10 dollar per day per guest "service charge" that went for tipping the staff. This is in addition to the automatic 15% gratuity added to any drink order, etc. I prefer to tip on my own based on the service received. The staff and crew were awesome. Very friendly and helpful. The stateroom was small, but very clean. All in all, we were disappointed in this cruise and will definately cruise again, just not with Norwegian cruise lines.

Pros: The ports were nice

Cons: the food at the buffet never changed. 5 out of 7 dining rooms charged a cover charge to eat there. Lacking activities.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

did not like needing to pay a per person cover to eat in certain dining rooms. The food on the buffet was the same daily
room was a little small, but overall very nice
shopping is good, town is kind of old and dirty
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
This is a terrific port to see. Very clean, people are friendly. great shopping experience.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas