Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Ship was the best yet- but entertainment company didnt prepare well for bad weather

Sail Date: February 26, 2014

Cabin: GTY

We went on the Live Loud Festival at Seas- it was fun to get to hear a lot of different bands even though I am not a huge music buff. I would have liked maybe one magic show or comedian to break it up. The music was VERY good, however. Chris Allen was amazing and the dualing pianos- their talent- WOW'ed me. The biggest problem I saw was that there was no preparation for entertainment for bad weather. While we went to the private island and the day was not sunny- it also did not rain and everyone was on the beach- there was NO music, no lifegurads, all crew stayed pretty hidden. I realize they didnt want to risk their instruments and speakers getting wet in case of rain- but on other cruises they have always had some recorded music playing so it feels festive and you feel like you are at a beach party. It was dead silent and it made you wonder- will they have lunch, is there any activities goin on? Seriously, no rain and finally people got into the water and waves and lunch did happen. The ship -same thing- they covered up the big pool to be able to have a concert there and most of the time there was nothing happening for fear of rain. I would have loved to have had the pool with recorded music and the two extra jacuzzis they also covered.

The food was wonderful and the rooms were great. Nicest ship yet out of the four major cruiselines we have been on. Def. a step up in finish out of the ship without the vegas fake bling feel. Loved the bowling alley. Loved having crepes prepared in front of you to order each evening, too. Also three omelet stations meant you didnt have to wait really too much for a made to order omelet. Dining rooms took a bit long to get your food out- it was two hours for dinner the two times we went- but the food was good.

The rooms were great. There were two desk areas- one with a mirror in front of it and a plug so that one can be getting ready there while the other is in the shower- also the real tile in the bathroom and glass shower doors were so nice. We were in a middle cabin- cheapest.

Freeport was just ok and the market there was old and run down along with the restaurants. They need a big update/overhaul. Overall, I probably wouldnt do this cruise again even though I liked the ship the best- there is not enough to do in the ports- I would probably look for the Pearl when it headed to other ports.

Nice finish out
Miami, Florida
beaches were great!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
did enjoy the stingray excursion
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Pretty run down

Dont miss the omelet station in the morning or the crepe station in the eve! Also the hot chocolate is the best- you have to prepare it yourself at the water station- then grab marshmallows from the ice cream station.