Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not what we expected!

Sail Date: December 11, 2011

Room Type: Suite

We recently returned from sailing on the Pearl to the Caribbean and I was disappointed. I specifically booked with NCL after reading reviews and speaking with other cruisers who were pleased with their cruising experience. Upon arrival, my parents stateroom bathroom was dirty and the staff were rude as a whole. The appearance of the buffet did not have ice sculptures or was not decorated as nicely as other prior ships we have been on, nor was the food of the same quality. Unfortunately, we did not try Cagney's Steakhouse until the last night of the cruise because they had phenomenal food and I would have paid to eat there every night to avoid the general dinner area. The shows on the ship were comparable and the activities. It helped that I won 2000.00 on a pull tab ticket that they gave away at bingo though.

Pros: Cagney's Steakhouse, anniversary decorations

Cons: buffet food, rude staff, staterooms

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? No.

In the general dining areas, the food was below quality compared to other cruise lines and ships. NCL was superb in Cagney's Steakhouse though which is there speciality restaurant, but there is a 25.00 cover fee. It was well worth the money!
Comparing apples to apples with other cruise lines and ships, we had a mini suite and it was smaller and not as nice.
Our staff did decorate our room wonderfully for our anniversary though. I also was always pleased to see the towel animals he left us.
Overall, the ship was clean except for the initial surprise of a dirty stateroom. Upon calling guests services, this was taken care of.
Our room staff were wonderful, but roughly 1/2 of the ship staff were rude. The directors and activity staff were always pleasant.
We truly enjoyed Bingo (helped I won 2000.00), Let's Make a Deal and trivia which we played almost everyday.