Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Mexico Cruise

Sail Date: October 02, 2016

Reviewed: 10 days ago

Cabin: 10-113

My favorite part of the cruise was the beauty of the ship and ports, excellent customer service, variety of excellent food and dining options, and the relaxation, I found the crew members to be very friendly and courteous. The embarkation process went amazingly smooth and the Garden Cafe exceeded our expectations! My least favorite was the Raffle to Dine with an Officer because I felt silly dressing up only to be escorted into a main dining room after an excursion day where passengers were casual, tired, and hungry. It seemed either their needed to be one formal dining night w/officers for all passengers or reservations at Cagneys or one of the other specialty restaurants. I also felt the cards for Deal or No Deal should be half the price charged. But overall I had a most wonderful experience and look forward to my next cruise with Norwegian hopefully next summer!

p.s. - Loved the Washy Washy folks!

Our cabin was well maintained by our Steward Raj who always offered warm greetings and his assistance daily. We loved the hanging monkey! We appreciated being in the middle of the ship and found our room comfortable. However we do look forward to a balcony room next cruise to allow swimwear to dry by having door open and fresh air.
So smooth we couldn't believe it!!! We could have scheduled an earlier flight we were off so quickly.
Loved the attention to cleanliness!!! The amount of attention to our room, as well as the entire passenger areas was spic and span (I date myself ;)
Children's Programs No children, but pleased to see the children's programs offered.
Loved Prism!!! The game shows were hilarious!!! Luminesce was incredible!!! Production singers needed more appealing vocal abilities, but their costumes were great!
I want to offer a shout out to Archie, Raj (our Steward), Elena and Alanna and the new guy with the beard in the gift shop, the MaitreD, manager, and entire staff and chefs at LeBistro were AWESOME! And the Asst. Cruise Director and staff made our trip fun and memorable. Thank you all!
Most impressive array of food options that caused us to look forward to the Garden Cafe each day for breakfast and lunch. Incredible staff that kept it all orderly and clean! My least favorite was LaCucina and Teppanyucky, I mean yaki ;) The chef kept dropping his cooking tools and too much butter added to food which simply ok, not delicious at best. La Cucina needs to upgrade atmosphere, serving staff, and menu options, a disappointment.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Got taken by a mean greedy taxi driver who dropped us at a different beach because he tried to convince us to go to a place he recommended for $20 more and we declined and so he lied and told us the beach where he dropped us was the beach we requested, it was awful and the locals pointed to the desired beach and recommended we take a bus as it would be a 45 min walk!
At Sea Plan to pack on this day, reflect and relax.

Do not be turned off by having to share a table w/strangers when dining in the Garden Cafe as it is an opportunity to meet individuals from around the world as well as your backyard or home state!