Slum Areas

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 07, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

If I had wanted to take a tour of poverty stricken areas I would have stayed home. I wouldn't recommend this cruise to anyone. The cruise may have been in the Caribbean, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. No crystal clear water, no white sandy beaches ...just shanties and dirty streets. WOW! What a disappointment. You should advertise the cruise as a tour of third world countries ...It ain't what I thought I was paying for. This was my last Norwegian cruise.

The Garden Cafe was like eating in Grand Central Station. Noisy and VERY crowded.

The Next Stage band and Cover Story were great. All cruises have karaoke, but the Jewel had Bandaoke, which allowed some of us musicians sit in. Why don't you see if you can expand on that concept?

Shows were kind of redundant.

Ron Santos (Ron Ron) in the Atrium is an exceptional young man...very personable, friendly, and helpful. A young lady from Belize in the Garden Cafe was very friendly . And Fred in the Tsar's restaurant was friendly and funny.

Ship is showing it's age.

You sit on the toilet and your knees press against the wall. Otherwise for an inside cabin it was OKJ.

The food was good in The Garden Cafe, but it was so noisy and crowded it was difficult to have a conversation at the table if you could find one.

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port