Cruise Ship Very Good; Cheap Cruises Very Poor

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 13, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

The Norwegian Jewel and it's staff provided above service in all areas.  My complaint is with Cheap Cruises.  It started with the inability to reach, or receive a return telephone call from Kim Weidler.  No one in my party was able to reach her with our various questions prior to the cruise, which resulted in some problems aboard ship.  Fortunately, the Norwegian staff did what they could to make us happy, and all went well from that point. I have cruised with Norwegian previously, as well as Carnival.  I liked the diversity of ages represented on Norwegian; Carnival seemed more focused on the 40 and under age group. I also liked the entertainment better on Norwegian; the Deja Vu (not sure of name) duo was spectacular, as well as the juggler.

I also enjoyed the food, especially in O'Shannon's and Azura.  Excellent service, fasicnating menu and attentive wait staff.  Oh, and the photographers - outstanding.  I have a large selection of pictures to chose from upon my departure, with lasting memories of my family and friends.

Only down side was the pull out bed.  It wasn't very comfortable initially, however once our room steward learned of this, he immediately took steps to ensure our comfort.  Way to go Barrington!.

I will not be using Cheap Cruises in the future.

Azura and O'Shannons were my favorites. I tried Chin Chin, it was great as well. The chef was excellent and the food was awesome for a very modest rate.

I enjoyed the onboard activities and participated in many such as the casino, karoke, shopping, art displays, Christmas carolling, Sunday Night Football, White night and many oth

I loved the juggler Scott, as well as the Deja Vu couple. And the bands on Deck 12 (and DJs) were awesome.

I would like to recognize Barrington our room stewart, as well as LillyBeth, the manager in O'Shannon. Barrington was attentive to our needs before we knew it required attention, such as plumbing problems in the bathroom. LillyBeth was summoned when I was complaining about not getting the promised room credits from Cheap Cruises. She offered gratuities to me and my friends that made a bad situation into a great customer service experience.

Spotless, with adequate staff to attend to the large numbers of staff. I loved the measures taken to keep everyone healthy, like the "washy washy" guys and gals at the dining halls.

Houston, Texas Did not visit port

n/a
Jose Cuervo tour was excellent, but too short!
The tour guide was knowledgeable and funny. Wear comfortable shoes
Excellent shopping and friendly people.