Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Relaxing Adventure

Sail Date: November 15, 2014

The Norwegian Jewel was an excellent ship with friendly, conscientious, caring crew members.  The food was delicious and always served warm and with a smile.  The balcony rooms were comfortable and our room on the 9th floor was so quiet.  We loved the Irish bar where the food and drinks were superior.  The shore excursions sponsored by Norwegian were superior.  The underwater submarine trip in Cozumel was very interesting and the tour of Honduras was great with good food and an excellent bus driver and guide. We also loved the Awesome Twosome singers.   I think the best part of the whole cruise was the very friendly service from everyone.  Anxious to take this cruise again and would highly recommend it to all.  Lots of neat kids programs, too.  We particularly love the free style dining option on Norwegian and really got spoiled to eating breakfast on our balcony daily.

This balcony room seemed a little smaller than the one we had on the Norwegian Sun. My only complaint was that the dressing table bumped almost up to the bed, which made our getting by each other more difficult.
The underwater submarine felt very safe and was a unique, wonderful experience.
Trujillo, Honduras
The bus driver and the tour guide went out of their way to help us since we were there on an extremely rainy day. They even created steps so we wouldn't get our feet wet.

I recommend using room service if you wish to eat on your balcony. Tried both breakfast (daily) and lunch one day I wasn't feeling so great. The chicken noodle soup perked me right up. I loved the elevated seating in the Stardust Theater.