Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Great Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

The ship was really beautiful with plenty of ammenities. The staff was exceptional from house keeping to the waiters to the entertainment.

Pros: The service and food were exceptional.

Cons: The excursions were just a little short and I always felt rushed through.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

The main dining room food was excellent but some of the other restaurants were a notch better with better ambience. I avoided the Buffet which never really looks appetizing to me.
We had a room with obstructed view but it was mid ship which was very comfortable. The obstructed view didn't bother me as you're not spending that much time in the room but I did want the light which was plentiful.
The entertainment director and his assistant were top notch.
Sydney, Nova Scotia
The country side and Alexander Graham Bell museum were good, The port itself is not that nice and the town needs to have some money poured into it. A lack of nice shops and restaurants.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This is a great city with a lot of nice restaurants and shops. Wish we had more time to walk around. The Citadel and public gardens were nice stops as was the trip to Peggys Cove.
Portland, Maine
Another very cool town. We hiked all over where we saw a lot of great restaurants and shops. Some of the light houses we saw were really in beautiful settings with great views wherever you turned. Would also recommend seeing the Portland Tower.