Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice vacation

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

Bayport Cruise Terminal is modern and clean, and getting in and out is very efficient.

Decor on the ship feels unusually dated for a ship that is only about ten years old. All the public areas were really clean, however, and everything was well maintained.

Our cabin was clean and functional. A lot of thought went into making the most out of the limited space. I loved having lots of cubbies to store stuff. Our cabin steward was fantastic.

Food is good throughout the ship. Service was consistently good everywhere we ate. I especially liked Le Bistro. The food is excellent and the quiet ambience is a nice retreat.

A low point was the lacking daily activities. Many times during the day I was bored; it felt like there was never quite enough to do. And no, I don't consider a watch seminar or spa tours to be activities.

The entertainment was outstanding. Please don't assume that I'm overstating myself; my already high expectations were exceeded. All of the nightly shows are top-notch. The singers and dancers were all wonderful. The jazz/showband was superb. There were also a male vocal quartet, a magician, and acrobatic and comedy/juggling shows. All around, the Jade outdid itself in the entertainment department.

The ports (Cozumel, Belize City, and Roatan) were all as expected. You can read about them anywhere.

Don't believe the poor reviews for the Jade out of Houston. I had a fun.

It's clean, but it won't win any design awards.
I didn't like how the daily schedule was bloated with sales pitches. There are no big attractions like ropes courses or rock climbing walls on this ship; the pool gets pretty boring after a while.
This was the highlight of the trip. If you only go to one show, make sure you see "Elements". It's a phenomenal show by any standard.

If you want a quiet lunch, go to Moderno. On sea days, a complimentary lunch is served at the salad bar. The selection is limited (salad, sandwiches, soups, etc.) but it features a fantastic sea view with a quiet ambience, because almost no one knows that it's open for lunch.