Big Ship with a lot to do

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 10, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

I was part of a group of 16 celebrating my father's 90th bday. The ship was great but I learned that the crew was new and I think that caused a lot of our organization issues. Reservations for our group were lost and we were often split up. I was in room 8150 with one of my sisters next door in 8152 and you could hear the bass from the theater on deck 7 late at night. I would've ranked it higher for everything else but those two things really put a damper on us being able to have a good time. The ship is big with lots to do. Norwegian states that it police's the matter of reserving lounge chairs on the upper decks but it actually does not. We walked up there and saw 75% of the chairs with towels, hats, shoes, you name it, on the lounges to reserve them for later. If you state in your policy that you cannot reserve lounge chairs, then you need to enforce it.

I saw Legally Blonde which was fun. Very talented performers. We also danced to the 80's at H20 which was very fun.

Coffee wasn't the best but you can find a great cafe that serves Blue Mountain Coffee on Grand Cayman. By the way, it's also in a great cigar shop.

Loved the private island. Would recommend getting a Cabana. I had the larger one and the only downfall was that they served us almost every 10 minutes for half the day then they all disappeared. I think most went back to the ship for other duties. The bar on the island then got packed to the point where you couldn't get a drink. I recommend renting the jet skis. Those guys were great and we had a lot of fun.

All in all, it was a great vacay. I think the open seas are great to be on no matter what ship you are on.

Happy cruising!

Do not get this cabin nor any others around it. Sound eminates from the theater below on deck 7 and it'll keep you up at night. We had a lot of early morning excursions but the bass was there until around 11 or so. Also the shuffleboard match was right below so that added some extra volume during the day.

We loved deck 8 because of the fact that you could walk around most of the ship at night outside. Very quiet and great for sunrises and sunsets. Good place to be after dinner.