Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second time not as good as the first

Sail Date: January 10, 2016

I would not suggest booking through BJ'S Travel.  I booked a year in advance and had nothing but trouble with my reservation, spent approximately 12 hours total on the phone with them having to take time out of work to do so and only to arrived at the airport the day of the cruise to find out yet another mistake had occurred we had no transfers to the airport that were paid for a year in advance.  Once aboard I spent half the cruise fixing my reservation.  I didn't have fun.  The cruise staff, food and ports overall were great once we had everything straightened out.  I was a second time cruiser on this ship and was disappointed to see that the shows were all the same as the year before when we went.  Also was disappointed that the specialty dining package did not include the illusionarium show which was included the year before.  The food however, was excellent.  The "free" beverage package is however not free as a gratuity tax is now charged that did not exist a year ago.  I would like to recognize the wait staff as all work very hard to please their guests.  There was also a lot of confusion with the walk off disembarkment procedure this time as we were given several different answers as to the process depending on who you asked.  I don't think I'll cruise with Norwegian anytime soon and am considering giving Royal a try.

cabin was great had no issues with the room
a lot of confusion this time for walk offs got may conflicting answers as to the process depending on who you asked
had fun at resort for a day
could have had more nightlife activities for young cruisers over 21 they were board
same shows as last year
Angus a waiter at the poolside bar deserves a big raise as he works very hard
excellent food
Miami, Florida
was ok
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
was a fun island would have been better if the weather was sunny
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
people selling things chase you too much
George Town, Grand Cayman