Exceptional Servers, Expensive Activities, Cheap Food, and Dirty Restrooms
Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: November 22, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: 14796
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 1 year ago
Employee went above and beyond but thats where the positive with NCL stops. List of several complaints:
1. Food cafeteria style (it's a cruise not a school!)
2. Food was poor quality but not upscale. I'd expect that for a suite level cruise!
3. Elevators only located in aft and forward and half were not in working order. Royal has elevators in mid ship.
4. Outdoor bathroom uncleanly to say the least.
5. Guest Services overcharged my debit card by $600 and 3 days after the cruise still no answer from NCL!
6. Spa lotions are cheap quality and overpriced services
7. Activities are ALL PAID. They should be included.
8. Activities had to be reserved. I'm on a cruise. I don't want to think about time!
9. The main show was the one free activity and the actors were not very talented.
10. Excursions were cancelled without warning with no alternatives provided.
11. Pool and jacuzzis not accessible after 10pm anywhere due to "teen" parties and other paid events.
I've been on Celebrity, Royal, and Carnival. I would take Carnival over this joke of a cruise line ANYDAY!!!
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Cool water slides that's about it.