50th Anniversary Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 03, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway
Cabin Type: Suite

Where shall I begin......I will start by saying that this was our celebration of our 50th anniversary.  There were 14 of our family travelling and that was a concern for me as I wanted to make sure that everyone enjoyed there cruise as I knew I would.  I have cruised on other Norwegian ships but not on one as elaborate as the Getaway.  I was concerned about getting into the port....and that was a bit tricky.....but once we actually got into the Miami terminal I was pleasantly surprised to see how spacious and easy it was...and everyone was very helpful.  We decided to book a room in The Haven as this was a very special occasion and I am sooooo glad we did.  Pampered. - pampered - pampered.  There was something to do for everyone - young and old.  We celebrated our anniversary at the Illusionarium which was great.  My only complaint was the seating.  We purchased the premium seating and had to turn sideways to see the performance while we were trying to eat.  My suggestion to NCL would be to use curved banquet tables around the stage rather than the long banquet tables.  That being said, the food was great there.  I was not impressed with the food in the other complimentary dining rooms though.  NCL needs to work on that - 25 years ago when I first started cruising with Norwegian their food and presentation was excellent.  The bar anThumd grills' food was better than the main dining room.  I must say though that when they served Prime Rib - in any of the restaurants - it was excellent.  Thumbs up on that.  All the staff we met were great!  For me, that is very important.  So, with only a few minor complaints I would like to say thank you, Norwegian, for making our 50th Anniversary so memorable that I am currently in the process of booking another cruise on the new Escape.

Some was great, some bad. NCL needs to step it up

Very spacious - only suggestion would be to put lounge chair on balcony - the chairs were very uncomfortable.

If at all possible, experience The Haven