Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to North America

Gem still delivers

Sail Date: September 24, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

The NCL Gem is a comfortable ship. It's not as big as the newer ships, which is good ecause it allows you to get around faster and familiarize yourself with all venues available. Staff is always friendly and the atmosphere onboard is upbeat. It is newly redone and the changes are all positive. I recommend going to the specialty restaurants. The Gem provides a pleasant getaway. I cruise on it at least oncea year. It is like an old friend!

Rolando, my steward, kept my room immaculate. Rooms are comfortable. Tubs in mini suites can be daunting for people with knee problems. Climbing over high tub to shower was difficult.
Love the new design, except carpecting at elevators is distracting for people with balance issues. It is easy to get around the ship and venues are always clean.
I like the activities, especially trivia and evening games, however would like more games and organized activites during the day, especially on sea days.
Excellent shows. This group of entertainers were exceptional. Loved production show SWING.
Very clean. Pleasant, helpful staff,
The food is good, but I didn't like the fees that were added to the regular dinner menu. Also, they've eliminated lobster night. Specialties very good.

Chairs in lounge outside Le Bistro are arranged in groups of four around a cocktail table. Every night, people had to turn and move the heavychairs to listen to piano performer. If a couple sits in a cluster, two chairs remain unused. Perhaps chairs can be arranged in groups of two and some in four.