More for the older crowd

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to North America

Helpful Vote: 1

New York, USA / New York, USA
Sail Date: September 24, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Gem

The cruise was nice enough and the ports were awesome, but we were some of the youngest people and I felt like I was in a nursing home.  The people were nice, but there was often nowhere to sit to eat in the buffet areas, forcing us to sit outside in the rain and/or cold. The balcony stateroom was nice, but the toilet area was too small for my husband who is a big guy. The buffet food was very repetitive and there was rarely more than one place to eat breakfast after 9 AM, forcing us to always eat at the buffet. The specialty restaurants were great!!  I had set up a payment arrangement once onboard and now that I am home, it looks like I may have been overcharged by $1000, despite what my invoice says...looks like I will be on the phone a lot. Fun.   I don't think I will sail with them again and I am kind of turned off by cruises now and this wasn't my first.

Cabin was nice, but the attendant left something to be desired.

If you want to do anything (eat, see a show, etc) you have to get there extra early to get a seat. There is not nearly enough seating for everyone.