Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to North America

Purser

More for the older crowd

Sail Date: September 24, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The cruise was nice enough and the ports were awesome, but we were some of the youngest people and I felt like I was in a nursing home.  The people were nice, but there was often nowhere to sit to eat in the buffet areas, forcing us to sit outside in the rain and/or cold. The balcony stateroom was nice, but the toilet area was too small for my husband who is a big guy. The buffet food was very repetitive and there was rarely more than one place to eat breakfast after 9 AM, forcing us to always eat at the buffet. The specialty restaurants were great!!  I had set up a payment arrangement once onboard and now that I am home, it looks like I may have been overcharged by $1000, despite what my invoice says...looks like I will be on the phone a lot. Fun.   I don't think I will sail with them again and I am kind of turned off by cruises now and this wasn't my first.

Cabin / Stateroom Cabin was nice, but the attendant left something to be desired.

If you want to do anything (eat, see a show, etc) you have to get there extra early to get a seat. There is not nearly enough seating for everyone.