Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

New England Cruise Sept 3 through 10

Sail Date: September 03, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The employees on this ship were dynamite.  Out of a thousand crew members, I only remember one waiter that could have used an attitude adjustment.  I love how nice and polite everyone was.  Of the four ports, I would not recommend Halifax or Saint John; however, the Newport and Portand ports were beautiful.  In Halifax we took a whale watching trip and was disappointed that we did not see any whales and the crew really didn't seem to care.  We did meet people who went on an excursion to Peggy's Cove and they said it was really nice.  The food on this particular ship (Gem) needs an overhaul.  The menu in the dining rooms was the same each night.  I have been on a handful of cruises and this is the first time that the menu didn't change each day AND it was also the first time that lobster was not on the dining menu for at least one meal (you could purchase it for an additional fee).

This was the first time we had an interior room on a cruise. We are never in our room so we decided to cut costs and give it a try. I highly recommend the interior room as it was just as nice as one with a balcony (or porthole) and half the cost.

The casino needed some improvements as the buttons on many of the poker machines stuck causing loss of money if you weren't paying attention.