It's hard to get back to the real world

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

7 Night Canada & New England (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Gem

The stops in Canada were just ok. It wasn't fall yet so there were no fabulous colors to see.  Saint Johns was just ok and I had visited Portland and Newport before on my own. Gift shops and sidewalk cafes.  What else can  I say ?

The ship and the crew were just great. Everyone there made it their goal to make sure everyone had a good time.  Norwegian has free style dining so sometimes it looks crowded right after a show had let out but the line move quickly. There are always available tables in both main dining halls. Always.

We wandered around the ship most of the time in that there was always some type of entertainment going on. The stage shows were all 1st rate. No complaints.

The room was spotless and I was always seeing crew members cleaning everything on the ship.   The word that comes to mind is ship shape.

The duty free shop was actually reasonable priced. Nothing at all like the airport duty free shops.

Good variety for every palette. There was always someplace open for snacks or meals.

The shows were the same quality one would see in Manhattan for lots of money.

There were very few kids on board as this was the end of the labor day holiday. Most passengers were older people.

Every crew member made it their priority to be extra friendly and helpful.

Everything was ship shape.

If you are spending too much time in your cabin, your not getting enough out of the cruise.

My travel companion was a smoker so they had a place to smoke their cigarettes. If they didn't have that option, they wouldn't have gone.
The ship met all my needs. The dining and entertainment was all that I desired .

I live in the area so I have my own special biases. Mid town is expensive, Go downtown to the village area to enjoy less expensive dining and less crowds. Getting out of the city was difficult this time because the E train and the Path weren't operating. Try an off or off off Broadway show rather than pay the $150 for one of the big shows.
We drove out to Peggy's Cove and although it was picturesque , I didn't understand why the entire Provence of Nova Scotia was there when we were there. They have a nice waterfront, gift shops and sidewalk cafes.
We walked over to the main attraction which was the reversing waterfall. It was like watching paint dry. Maybe the shore excursions were interesting ?
We didn't do much. It rained some so we just had a few drinks at a local bar.
Gift shops and sidewalk cafes. The mansions a are impressive but i make my living looking at large impressive homes so it was another.....been there, done that.