Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Fun Fun Fun!

Sail Date: May 21, 2016

My favorite part of the cruise was the ultimate beverage package (that promotion was awesome)!  I felt like I was at an all-inclusive with the added bonus of being on a cruise!!! The bartenders in the casino Kerwin and Mervin were exceptional!!!  We also had the dining package and ate at a Cagneys, LaCucina and Maderno....all I have to say is WOW.  That being said we also ate in the dining room and the Garden Cafe.  I will say I much preferred the Garden Cafe.  I loved all the choices and the themed nights!!!  I was traveling with family and unfortunately we had a family emergency.  The medical staff was FANTASTIC!!  It was a very stressful situation and the doctors and staff were so wonderful.  Their bedside manner and care were high above anything I expected or received state side.  Kudos and many thanks!!!  This was my 8th cruise but my significant others first cruise and I have to say although he was very skeptical and considered flying home once we reached Florida, he stuck it out and wants to go again.  I attribute his change of heart to all the staff on board the Norwegian Gem!!!  Thank you with all my heart!!!

The cabin was very nice. Our cabin steward was very nice but I think at times he lacked attention to detail. I had to ask for towels a few times and while he created a few cute towel animals for us, he duplicated a lot of the shapes. I've had other stewards who were very creative. I got the impression that he didn't have enough time to spend on our room (and it could be that he had too many rooms and didn't have enough time). He was very friendly and courteous though!
Embarkation was a breeze but disembarkation seemed a bit rushed and was very congested and confusing at times. We chose a bus as our transportation but there were no signs telling us what bus was ours had to walk up and down the terminal to find it.
I was a little bummed we did not go to Stirrup Cay Bay.........the private island is so relaxing.
I wish they would bring back the Pub Crawl, I miss it.
I had the 4 pack dining package and those restaurants were 5 star but I have to say I really enjoyed the Garden Cafe rather than the dining room. I really enjoyed the variety of food and the casual atmosphere!

There should be more places to smoke. This cruise seemed to have a lot of smokers so the smoking areas were crowded at times. I liked it much better when one side of the ship was smoking and the other non-smoking. If it ever goes completely non-smoking I will have to look into other vacations.